Terms & Conditions
USE OF PUPSY
Pupsy is a social media solution for dog owners. It puts you in contact with other dog owners and dog lovers.
We don't collect your address or have any type of GPS tracking to ensure your absolute privacy. You choose a location and time to take your dog out for a play.
Your Check-in information will be only shared with the dog owners you are connected to and is not public information.
You can "unfriend" another dog owner at any time.
When you meet dogs that play well with your dog ask their dog owners to connect on Pupsy.
Don't provide personal details such as home address and mobile numbers unless you wish to do so.
Check in functionality on Pupsy does not require you to share any personal information as you will be informed through the application where and when to meet up and also have messaging functionality.
The onus is ultimately on participants of Pupsy to build trusting relationships and not participate in any play dates, which you or your dog does not feel comfortable.
• Ensure your dogs get along
• Use caution and common sense, build up trust before connecting
• Be honest about your dogs behavior (i.e. ANY aggression should be discussed openly) or dog traits (Fence jumping, digging, destructiveness, howling, etc)
• Participate if you have a dangerous dog. This is not the place.
• Provide personal details or meet in remote places
• Assume that another dog will be fine with your dog. Do your research and then supervise, supervise, supervise
“User” – a person who creates an Account or otherwise uses the Platform or Our Services
“Platform” – a suite of software applications and websites that enables Dog Owners and Dog Lovers to check in to locations and search for Pet Services. It encompasses both the Site and Mobile Applications
“Location” – place selected on the map to meet with other dogs and/or dog lovers.
“Our Services” – the services, information and resources provided by Pupsy through the Platform
Dealings with other Users
You acknowledge that You are solely responsible for any relationship, agreement or arrangement between You and another User, and enter any transaction or dealings with another User at your own risk. Users accept liability for any decision made or action taken in reliance on any information contained or omitted from the Platform. We are not a party to any agreement or arrangement entered into by or between the Users.
We are not responsible for resolving or dealing with any disputes, disagreements or matters in relation to any dealings between Users, and we are not obliged to be involved in such disputes, disagreements or matters in any way. If You have a dispute with one or more Users, you release us (and our directors, employees and agents) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Accuracy of information
Pupsy attempts to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the information on the Platform, and tries to moderate User Generated Content such as User ratings. However, Pupsy does not guarantee its correctness, accuracy or completeness. The Platform may contain inaccuracies, omissions or errors. Furthermore, the possibility exists that Users or other persons may make unauthorised alterations or may add Content to the Platform without our knowledge or consent. Pupsy disclaims all liability for any unauthorised alterations to the Platform, to the maximum extent permitted at law. If You believe that information found on the Platform is unauthorised, inaccurate or incomplete, please inform us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you would like to know more about how we use, store or handle your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each User is responsible for maintaining his/her Account information and keeping the User’s password confidential and for restricting access to his/her Account and such information. Each User is responsible for all activities that occur on his/her Account or otherwise through use of his/her password.
User Generated Content
The Pupsy Platform facilitates communication between Users. This means users will in some way or form, upload, submit, consume or view User Generated Content.
Pupsy occasionally shares User Generated Content with Users and the public, including photos, videos and other User Generated Content. You consent and agree that Pupsy is allowed to publish any such Content on the Platform and across social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other sites determined by Pupsy.
Pupsy also reserves the right to modify, delete or block selected User Generated Content from the Platform.
Choice of locations for Check Ins
Choice of selecting the locations is entirely decided by the User. Pupsy will not be liable for any misconduct of users such as meeting in unofficial off-lead areas or in the areas where dogs are not allowed.
Fair Conduct and use of the Platform
Users must only use the Platform in good faith and with respect for each other User. Pupsy reserves the right to review, suspend or terminate Your Account or Your access to the Platform if we determine that You have breached or threaten to breach any of these Terms. Without limitation, You must not do any of the following with respect to the Platform or Our Services:
• Use or access the Platform for a commercial purpose
• Change, or copy any Content on the Platform, for any purpose other than in the proper use of Our Services or the Platform, such as updating Your Profile in good faith;
• Post any misleading, untrue, offensive, malicious or otherwise inappropriate Content on or to the Platform;
• Use or access the Platform with the intention to harm, or use that would likely result in damage of any way to any person or animal, as can be reasonably foreseen by a reasonable person;
• Take any steps with the goal of bypassing these Terms or to make unauthorized use of the Platform
• Use the Platform for any purpose that violates any applicable state, national or international laws. This also holds for any use of any Content on the Platform that in any manner violates any applicable laws and regulations (including laws relating to trademark, copyright, confidentiality, telecommunications and/or privacy) or in any way, which may infringe the rights of any person;
• Disguise the origin of information transmitted to, through or from the Platform;
• Impersonate another person or entity or allow any other person or entity to impersonate You or access Your Account;
• Collect information about Users or the Platform or monitor all or part of the Platform or any Content contained on the Platform (whether manually or in an automated manner such as crawling, indexing, deep-linking, page-scraping or any program, other automatic device, methodology or algorithm);
• Distribute viruses or other harmful computer code to or on the Platform; or
• Otherwise use Our Services or the Platform in a way that was not intended by us.
Users have the right to filter objectionable, defamatory or offensive material. This can be achieved in multiple ways across the Platform. Some of these methods are listed below:
• Flagging a User’s profile as inappropriate;
• Direct e-mail to Pupsy via email@example.com
• Direct phone contact with Pupsy during normal business hours on 0428 533 960
Pupsy will use best endeavours to assess and respond to any complaints related to User Generated Content as soon as reasonably practicable.
Pupsy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, cancel, or suspend a User’s Account or access to all or part of the Platform for failing to comply with these Terms. Furthermore, Pupsy reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to delete any User Generated Content that Pupsy considers is inappropriate.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Platform may have references or contain links to sites controlled by parties other than Pupsy. Pupsy provides these links as a convenience and as interesting information for its Users and, except as expressly stated otherwise on the Platform, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Pupsy is not responsible for and does not endorse, or accept any responsibility for, the use or content of these third party sites. A User must always be cautious and take reasonable precautions to ensure that each such third-party site is free of viruses or other items of an intrusive nature.
Third Party Advertising and Analytics Cookies
Ads appearing on the Platform may be delivered to Users by advertising partners, who may set cookies. These cookies allow the ad server to recognise Your computer each time they send you an online advertisement to compile non-personal identification information about You or others who use Your computer. This information allows ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
Termination and Account Cancellation
If You breach or threaten to breach these Terms, Pupsy reserves the right to suspend or terminate Your Account and/or Your access to any part or all of the Platform and Our Services at any time without prior notice. Pupsy may provide notice of termination by regular mail or email, but is not obliged to do so. Please note that if Your Pupsy Account is cancelled, we do not have an obligation to delete or return to You any Content that You have posted on or to the Platform.
Pupsy, including its partners, agents, contractors, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and other third parties associated or involved in running the Platform, to the maximum extent permitted by law, disclaim all liability and responsibility for, and You agree to release us from, any damage or loss that might be suffered by You, any User or any other third party caused directly or indirectly by Our Services or any other use of the Platform (including without limitation interactions with third parties facilitated by the Platform) INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF NEGLIGENCE.
If You do not agree to these Terms, You must not use the Platform in any way, including without limitation to contact, communicate with, or otherwise obtain information from Users via the Platform.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT PUPSY IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY AGREEMENTS BETWEEN THE USERS. PUPSY HAS NO CONTROL OVER, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, THE ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS OF USERS OF THE PLATFORM. PUPSY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN THIS REGARD TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.